Monday, March 14, 2011

to the grindstone...

I've been extremely busy the last few weeks, but I've made progress. My e-books averaged four sales per day for the month of February, and in total I've had about one thousand downloads since I started this process in January. I hope that number continues to grow, but in the meanwhile I'm not sitting still. I've got paperback versions (almost) ready to go. I'm waiting on the galleys right now. If they look good, I will give my final approval and the books will be available sometime in April.

I've also started two new manuscripts that I hope to have finished by the end of spring, and published sometime this summer. (Okay, it's actually three new manuscripts but I'm already waffling on one of them. I may have to rethink my approach. It's a a sequel to "The Darkling Wind. The truth is, I had never planned to do a sequel to Darkling, but I've had so many people ask for one that I think I might... but not if it's not right. I'm going to give it some time because I don't want to rush something out just to say I have a sequel. Be patient with me.)

I had hoped to spend more time doing promotion stuff the last few weeks, but I'm wiped out. Between work, family, and other real-life obligations, it's hard enough just to write. Never-mind posting regularly on my blog, updating my multiple profiles and book pages, visiting the forums and blogs, and keeping up with... well, it's not that interesting, but it's all time consuming. I did take the time to update my blog (as you can see) with some new links and minor tweaks.

It's shaping up to be a busy year, but hopefully the hard work will pay off. I have some goals listed out that include at least three new books this year. God willing I might even get more, but I'll be happy with three.

No comments:

Post a Comment