Thursday, April 28, 2011

April showers...

The month is almost over, summer is growing near, and it seems that with each passing day I have less time to accomplish an ever-growing list of chores. I had a sudden project come up that's taken a lot out of me through the last couple of weeks. It has taken my energy, my money, and worst of all, my writing time. I don't know why this is, but for some reason it seems that the more dedicated I become to my profession, the more challenges seem to appear out of nowhere. Sometimes I look fondly back at the days when I used to spend my evenings and vacations writing, as if I had all the time in the world then...

The good news is that I have found some time to write, and I've been doing it as much as I can. I'm about halfway through my next book and several chapters into a couple more. Not only that, but for some reason I've been feeling inspired lately and taking down a lot of notes. I now have notes to write at least a dozen books that may never see the light of day just because I don't have the time to write them. I'm not complaining, though. Even though I can only write part time, I'm still pursuing the dream I've had all my life, and that's a good thing.

A Tale of Many Reviews is doing a series of guest-posts this week in regards to Indie writing. The posts have been excellent so far and are well worth a look. Also, in his blog A Newbie's Guide to Publishing, Joe Konrath put up his latest numbers, which are extremely impressive. Over 276,000 sales in four months...wow. I wonder how many legacy-published authors can tout numbers like that? The amazing thing, as Joe regularly points out himself, is that there are many Indies doing better than him. Even more impressive is the number of Indies selling less than Joe, but still doing quite well. After all, the first objective of a writer shouldn't be to get rich, it should be to write. If you're making enough money to replace a full-time salary, then you're already living the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment