Monday, July 4, 2011

New release!

Update: The Raven King's Chair is now available at Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords! I will update the books page shortly...

The Raven King's Chair is not a fantasy. I'm not sure if you'd classify it as dramatic, tragic, romantic or literary. What I do know is that it's not genre fiction. It's a short story I wrote a couple years back that was, oddly enough, inspired by a chair sitting in the middle of the freeway. I was driving through Santa Rosa one day and someone had left an old chair sitting in the meridian between the highway and the off ramp. The object was so oddly out of place and yet serene... no one stopped to move it or pick it up, they just drove by. And the chair sat there. The strangeness of it stuck in my mind, and eventually led to the The Raven King's Chair.

This is the blurb:

 On the day that failed author Ben Curtis plans to commit suicide, he instead commits a random act of kindness. He is rewarded with a gift, a chair that once belonged to Edgar Allan Poe. Ben's life immediately takes a turn for the better. His career takes off, his books start to sell, and Hollywood is making a movie. What Ben doesn't know is that tragedy lies just around the corner...


Also of note, The Tinkerer's Daughter was featured in the Indie Spotlight this weekend.  It's very exciting to see it out there and getting a positive response. I have a few ideas for a sequel, but I won't say more on that yet. I have only so much time, and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment