Monday, January 16, 2012

New year, new covers!

The other day, I alluded to the fact that I had new covers coming. It's been a year (and a few weeks more) since I first uploaded Karma Crossed in December of 2010. The formatting was horrible, the cover looked disappointing online, and at the time I didn't even own a Kindle to see how it looked in the reading device. Needless to say, I had to make some changes. By Christmas, I was reasonably satisfied that I had a worthwhile product.

Throughout 2011, I published ten titles. I learned something each time. I got better at formatting, at finding cover material, and at translating my final product into multiple versions for use across all the different e-book platforms. I even published paperback versions for all of my novels. But for some of those books, the time has come for a facelift. I'm in a much better position now to provide the covers for those books that I would have liked them to have originally. I'm not sure if they will all get new covers, because I still really like some of the old ones, but some of that had to go. So, this weekend I uploaded the first two. Here's what they look like:

And for Hank Mossberg, Private Ogre:


2012 is a year of trying new things, and some of you may have noticed new prices on my books as well. This is my announcement that I will no longer be keeping all of my titles at $0.99. Over the coming days and weeks, most of my books will be returning to the $2.99 or higher range. More about this later. The subject merits a full discussion, and I won't bore you with the details just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment