Thursday, May 3, 2012

A little news...

The last two weeks have been trying for me. Seasonal allergies have kicked in hard this year, and at the exact same time that I've apparently caught a cold. I can't tell from moment to moment which of these ailments is making me miserable, but both of them seem to be doing the job quite nicely. I'm suffering from a lack of sleep and I can't think straight half the time because my head's in a fog, so if this post doesn't make much sense, you know why. 

In the midst of all this, I've been doing revisions on the two novels I wrote earlier this year. I recently finished a major revision on book two of the "Hank Mossberg, Private Ogre," series and I'm currently revising "The Tinkerer's Daughter" book two. I've also managed to put together and publish a new short story. It's not technically "new," though, the fact is that I wrote this story in 2008 and it was originally published in Mindflights that year. I'd been considering republishing this story for a while, but it wasn't until recently that I found the time to do so. I had also been struggling with the concept of the cover art. The story is a bit unusual, sort of a time-traveling fantasy romance. The time travel aspect doesn't have anything to do with science fiction or actual traveling through time, though. You'll have to read it to see what I mean. 

Anyway, after several attempts at finding the right cover, this is what I ended up with: 

Here's the description of "Worlds Apart":

Sarah knows better than to talk to the "crazies" at the mall, but there seems to be something familiar about the old man who often sits nearby, talking to himself. He seems nice enough, even if he does believe he’s talking to the ghost of his dead wife. Sarah can’t help but think that the old man is completely harmless. Then he invites her to lunch, and what Sarah learns may not only change her understanding of the nature of reality, but even her very destiny.

5900 words (short story)

"Worlds Apart" is now available at Amazon.com HERE.

I don't have much more in the way of news. Revising goes on, and I'll hopefully be back to writing in the next week or two. This summer I plan to publish the two aforementioned novels, possibly a third, and hopefully return to writing a few short stories. I'll have a clearer vision of all this once school gets out and the allergies clear out of my head. As always, I'll update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment