Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tinker's War Reviews Needed

Well, it's that time. Tinker's War has been out for over a week now and though it's been selling well, it hasn't netted one single review. It's looking awfully lonely up there on the Amazon page. Tinker's War could really use some love!

I know it's a big pain to go to Amazon, Goodreads, and whatever sites you frequent, look up the title, and try to brainstorm a review. Especially the review part. You want to be fair to the author and to the readers. You don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. You want to keep your reputation intact. I get it. But let me assure you, even if you received an ARC directly from the author, you are under no obligation to post a great review.  In fact, other readers will benefit more if your review is genuine, and they can often sense whether it is or not. Not to mention that your review is there for other readers in the first place. The author benefits regardless of how you rate the book, because it helps readers to make a more informed decision.

Now I'm not going to beg you to go write a one-star review on Tinker's War. I'm not crazy. But if that's what you need to do, by all means do so. However, I would like to encourage you to write a few lines about what resonated with you. Writing a review can be as simple as: 1) I liked _____, but 2) I didn't like ____. Feel free to criticize. Feel free to gush. Feel free to write two sentences and get on with your life.

I only ask for you to take a few minutes to post a review or two. In turn, your reviews will help me get books into the hands of people who want them, thereby allowing me to continue this career! Thanks once again for your support.


Tinker's War links:

Amazon Kindle Version
Amazon Paperback Version
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment