Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A quick update


I hope everyone had a joyful and rewarding holiday season. It looks like 2013 will be another interesting year, but hey at least we made it, right? Hang onto your hats and get those resolutions in order!

Personally, I'm not big on New Year's resolutions. I strive toward my goals and struggle with my failures every single day, so when New Year's Eve rolls around I'm thinking about champagne and fireworks, friends and family. I don't burden myself with the other stuff when I don't have to. Now that the celebrations have ended, the streamers have all blown away, and the fireworks have faded from the sky, it's time to get back to reality. 

The first matter of business for me in 2013 was getting the review copies out. Shipping takes a little longer this time of year but I promise that all of the ARCs and review copies are on the way. If you don't have them yet, be patient a little longer. If they don't show up in the next week or two, let me know! If anyone is interested in a review copy and you haven't contacted me yet... well, you already know how this works :) 

Like most of you, I have big plans for this year. My goal is four novels. I've been hovering at three-four novels a year for the last three years and that's a comfortable pace for now. It can be a challenge of course, working around my family's schedules and other responsibilities, but I think I've got a system down. I've been able to manage fairly well. So what do I have on tap? Well, I've got a couple new series that I'd like to start, but don't dare until I finish the old business. Shadow Born, for example. Book Three is due and I would very much like to get it published. I've done some outlining, but as of yet haven't written anything. I also have two Hank Mossberg novels I'd like to write (and another written already that I may or may not publish eventually). And then there's this Tinkerer's Daughter series. Hmm. I suppose I have a few ideas there as well. 

More on all of that later. That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by, and a very special "Thank You" to all of those who have taken the time out of your busy lives to review and comment on my novels over the last year. You've made an impact in my life and I can't thank you enough.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too Jamie! I for one am looking forward to what's to come in the way of your novels, as you well know I am a huge fan. I just received Blood and Steam in the mail today, was so excited to see it. Currently reading Tinkerer's Daughter now.
    I am truly blessed to have the pleasure of reading and reviewing your novels, and for that I say "thank you."
    Anne (Angel Anne Reviews)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, glad to hear the book arrived safely. I hope it lives up to your expectations! :) I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the entire series. Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I won't be disappointed! And I must say that I'm eagerly waiting on book three of the Shadow Born Trilogy :-) I am going to try and finish Tinkerer's Daughter in the next couple of days, and then get my review up.
    Keep your eyes open for it.
    - Anne

    ReplyDelete