Saturday, September 7, 2013

R.I.P: A.C. Crispin

 
I don't know if I've read any of Ann Crispin's sci-fi (I suspect I may have when I was very young), but her name is familiar to us all, and her work at Writer Beware was nothing less than valiant. I was one of those who never made it into legacy publication -other than selling a few shorts- but came very close to stepping into it with some of the bad seeds in the business. Thanks to Writer Beware, I learned about vanity publishers, fee-charging agents and editors, and numerous other scams, some of which I had nearly signed onto. I'm sure thousands of other writers would say the same thing. Ann was a pioneer at standing up for writers, and in this business, that takes a helluva lot of courage. 

I can't say much more that others can't say better, so here are some links: 


May Ann rest in peace. Our hearts and prayers go out to her family, and those close to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment