Friday, May 27, 2016

A Huge "Thank You!"

This is just  a quick post to thank everyone who downloaded Should Be Dead over the weekend -and especially for those people who've taken the time to read it and post reviews already!

I published this book at the end of November, and since I didn't have any sequels ready, I sort of let it languish. I had hoped it might garner a few reviews in the meanwhile, but otherwise didn't expect much. After all, people can't read a book they don't know about. Well, Valkyrie had a few sales here and there, but in six months, she didn't even have one single review. Ouch.

I decided it was a good time to run a freebie, and do a little bit of promotion. I ran a few ads and did a Goodreads giveaway simultaneously. Nothing fancy, just a little push for visibility. And of course, I made sure you guys were the first to know. The results? Pretty awesome:

For the first few days of the 5-day promo, Should Be Dead was getting 200-300 downloads per day. Then, some of the ads hit over the weekend, and downloads just blew up! The book was downloaded about 5,000 times on Sunday alone. In fact, I gave away about 6,000 copies just in the U.S.!  I feel pretty good about that, and based on the reviews I've seen so far, I'd say this was a fantastic success. Now, I just wish I had a few more books in the series for you guys to read. Oh well, a career is not made in one month, and certainly not on just one book. I do plan on writing book two in the series this year, but I also have sequels to publish in the He said, She said series soon.

I'd better get back to work, but before I go: Once again, Thank you all very much! I really hope you enjoy the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment